Obstetrical Home Health Care Services
Quality Home Care Services For Pregnancy and Beyond
Our company is committed to providing the highest quality homecare services to our pregnant patients. We are available 24 Hours-a-Day/7 Days a week. Our Registered Nurses have unparalleled experience in high-risk obstetrical care. Genesis believes that we can help women and their unborn babies achieve the best possible pregnancy outcome without unnecessary hospital visits and expenses.
Our Home Health program provides obstetrical home care services to the pregnant woman in an effort to attain an optimal pregnancy outcome. Genesis works closely with and under the direction of an Obstetrician to reach optimum outcome for both the mother and child through a team approach. The team consists of the Physician, Nurse Case Manager and family support.
Our nurses have at least five years’ experience working in obstetrics. All have worked in hospitals, caring for moms and their babies during pregnancy and after childbirth.
While giving our participants the advantage of receiving care in their homes, our services result in reduced ER visits, observation charges, and labor and delivery admissions.
Our services include treatment for pre-term labor, hyperemesis gravidarum (excessive nausea & vomiting of pregnancy), pregnancy-induced hypertension, and gestational diabetes management.
Our Home Care Services also provides new mothers postnatal care in the comfort of their own home.
Postpartum care includes a postpartum/neonatal assessment, wound care following a complicated C-section, certified RN lactation consultations with the availability of nursing supplies, breast pump rentals and phototherapy.
Genesis Home Health maternity programs are designed with your special needs in mind. We offer a wide range of care choices for obstetrical care in your home. We provide prenatal care, labor and delivery management, postpartum care, and well-child care up to age 2. Education and Classes are available in your home.
To receive our services, your doctor needs to contact us to make a referral.
Phone: (407) 440 2936
Fax: (407) 440 2939
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday on call
Once we receive the necessary information, our staff will verify your insurance benefits and obtain authorization for home care services. We also except Private Pay.
Maternal-Child Home Care
Genesis expertise of highly trained and qualified nursing professionals to care for patients with Obstetrical Complications including:
- Pre-eclampsia Disorder
- Pre-Term Labor
- Gestational Diabetes
- Home IV Therapy
- Fetal Heart Tone Assessment
Our Obstetrical Home Health Care Services Include:
- Perinatal Home Nursing Services
- Intensive Diabetes Management
- Patient Education on High Risk Conditions
- Weekly (or as needed) home visits by an obstetric nurse
- Uterine activity monitoring
- Tocolytic infusion therapy
- Reglan Infusion Therapy
- Zofran Infusion Therapy
- Heparin Infusion Therapy
- Insulin Pump Therapy
- Hydration therapy
- Nutrition therapy
- Antiemetic therapy
- Diabetes monitoring
- Gestational hypertension/pre-eclampsia monitoring
- Self palpation
- 24-hour and as-needed access to high-risk perinatal nurses
- IVIG infusion
- Perinatal Case Management
Uterine Activity Monitoring Services
Uterine monitoring is easy! Twice daily (or as needed), the patient monitors her uterine activity. First, the patient will be required to answer customized questions and her answers are compared to her baseline. The patient then applies the monitor (Toco) and her information is transmitted (in less than 60 seconds) via phone line to our monitoring center.
Our highly-skilled obstetric (OB) nurses then analyze this data for pre-term labor and conduct a maternal-fetal assessment. The nurse will call the patient following the monitoring session to provide the patient with timely findings on uterine activity. In addition, our high-risk OB nurses provide home visits, weekly and as needed, according to the physician’s plan of care. Uterine activity reports are provided to the physician as requested.
770 Uterine Activity Monitor features:
- One button to record and one button to send the data
- Alarm sound when belt is too loose or too tight
- Auto shut-off after one hour
- Light-weight and portable at only 8.5 oz
- Transmission from any phone jack
- Battery powered, allowing 48-72 hours of use
- English and Spanish settings
- Tocolytic infusion therapy
Patients are provided in-home patient instruction on managing subcutaneous tocolytic therapy and preterm labor warnings. A telephonic maternal-fetal assessment is completed twice daily by a perinatal nurse to ensure the effectiveness of tocolytic medication and reinforce the physician’s plan of care.
Our OB nurses visit the patient weekly and as needed to monitor fetal heart tones. The Terbutaline and pump are provided by our in-house pharmacy.
- Intravenous infusion for hydration therapy may be provided. A nurse will visit and instruct on hydration methods according to the plan of care.
- Enteral nutrition as well as total parenteral nutrition are available. Our pharmacist monitors lab results and assists the physician in managing formulation changes.
- Patients receive in-home instruction on the use of a pump and subcutaneous antiemetic therapy management for hyperemesis gravidarum. The medication is provided directly to the patient from our in-house pharmacy. A weekly and PRN visit will be made by an obstetrical nurse according to the plan of care.
- A high-risk obstetrical nurse will provide telephonic maternal assessments by monitoring blood glucose, fetal movements, and insulin.
- Education is also provided by our nursing and dietitian staff on the signs and symptoms of diabetic reactions and appropriate interventions.
- Patients may also be provided a telehealth unit with a physician order and home visits as needed.
Gestational hypertension/pre-eclampsia monitoring
- Patients receive instruction on in-home collection of blood pressure values, measuring weight, checking urine protein and assessing fetal movement. The data is analyzed by a high-risk obstetrical nurse who completes a telephonic maternal-fetal assessment and reinforces the physician’s plan of care.
- Weekly and PRN nursing visits will be made according to the plan of care.
- Patients are provided instruction on palpation of uterine contractions and report their findings to a perinatal nurse. The patient is contacted twice daily or according to the physician’s order following the initial visit.
- 17-alpha hydroxyprogesterone caproate is a compound drug provided by Genesis Home Health Care. Our high-risk obstetrical nurse makes an initial patient assessment and provides education on pre-term labor signs and symptoms and preventive education.
- Weekly visits will be made for injections and continued assessment and education of patients.
Birth and Family Education Classes
Our Birth & Family Education services include prenatal, baby care, and parenting classes. Your partner or support person is invited to attend all classes with you.
Genesis Home Health Care Services is committed to providing excellent obstetrical home health care services and great value to our physician and patient clients!
For More Information About Our Obstetrical Home Health Care Services:
For more information on maternal-child home care services, please call Genesis Home Health Services at (407) 440-2936 24 hours a day, seven days a week.